Assembling Ostrich Feather Centerpieces-Please print from this page-we will not send.
How to Assemble--Tips to Fluff up your Ostrich Feathers-
Often when you purchase feathers, they are bunched and flattened in shipping. To fluff the feathers back to full plumage, try using a clothing steam cleaner. You'll get those feathers primed in no time. This will work on many feathers but not all.
1. Shake any dust or excess feathers from your feather. Place the feathers on a hook or hanger and examine. Use your fingers to gently tease apart any sticking feather areas.
2. Hold the steam cleaner in an upright position so that condensation flows back inside.
3. Run the steam cleaner up and down the feathers. Pay attention to any areas where the feathers look particularly crushed or bunched. Run the steam cleaner over each side until the feathers are fluffed.
4. You can Lightly Blow Dry your Feathers with a hair dryer to fluff on the cool setting.
5. Make arrangements a couple days in Advance so the feathers can get a gravity droop for the fuller look.
The finished look can vary depending on designers ability to arrange, quantity and style of feahers used, look may not be exact as picture but a similar type of arrangement can be acheived.
Make arrangements a couple days in Advance so the feathers can get a gravity droop for the fuller look.
Using the centerpieces again?
All set-ups- can be used for other parties and events. Many other tops can be used-silk flowers-Fresh flowers and more. These are NOT just for Weddings!!!
Copyright © 2009 Six Star Sales--Please note we will not send nor sell these directions- They may be reprinted and used if you purchase supplies from Six Star Sales for this arrangement-any other copying will be considered theft and dealt with!!